When: 7.15pm Friday 6 July 2012
Dress up, sing along, get drunk and choose your favourite member at our screening of the Spice Girls’ magnificent, cheesy, glorious, flimsy film from 1997. A perfect start to Pride weekend.
An all-star cast features Michael Barrymore, Richard Briers, Elvis Costello , Alan Cumming, Stephen Fry, Bob Geldof , Richard E. Grant, Jools Holland, Bob Hoskins, Barry Humphries, Elton John, Meat Loaf, Roger Moore, Richard O’Brien, Peter Sissons… and the Spice Girls themselves.
★★★★★ “The girls to dress up, dress down, change identities, ride around in a Union Jack bus, rub shoulders with a large cameo cast, and indulge in vacuous banter.” TIME OUT
“The whole group radiates energy, color and good cheer.” NEW YORK TIMES
Spiceworld: The Drinking Game
Choose a Spice Girl, and take a shot every time your girl:
- Baby Spice: sucks on a lollypop, tosses her pigtails, cries/looks like she is about to cry, makes a pouty-face.
- Scary Spice: Makes a scary face, says “Grrr!”, gets angry/upset, talks about feminism, close-up of her boots.
- Sporty Spice: shows her tattoos, lifts weights, uses exercise bike.
- Posh Spice: discusses shoes, discusses clothes/clothing designers, cannot decide what to wear, hikes up her skirt, close-up of her shoes.
- Ginger Spice: talks about sex, wears an unusual slutty outfit (ie, has feathers or lots of sequins).
(Adapted from barmeister.com)
- Too much of something is bad enough: Success and excess in Spice World
- Spice World: Constructing Femininity the Popular Way