Back by popular demand, it’s our course in how to run successful film screening events. In this two-hour session you’ll learn all you need to know about running a mini-cinema in your neighbourhood or venue, including the basics about:
- programming and publicising film screenings
- equipment you need to buy or hire
- finding and keeping your audience
- essential legal matters.
If you’ve got ideas for showing films to an audience, setting up a film club, or contributing to this year’s New Cross + Deptford Free Film Festival, this course is the perfect opportunity to discover how to do it, and what pitfalls to avoid. And the first five participants to actually run an event will get a full refund of the course fee!
The session is taught by Phoenix Fry, coordinator of Deptford Film Club, Sydenham Film Club and Nollywood Now festival of Nigerian Film, co-producer of the New Cross + Deptford Free Film Festival, and programmer for Film Africa.
FEEDBACK FROM PARTICIPANTS, 29/01/14
- “Very friendly – didn’t make things seem too daunting. I’m excited to get started.”
- “The factual advice and information was really useful”
- “Really fab – thank you!”
- “I would recommend this course.”
- “I feel that I now have the knowledge and confidence to run film screening events”
When: 7.30-9.30pm Wednesday 29 January 2014
Where: Amersham Arms (upstairs room), 388 New Cross Road SE14
Cost: £5 – refundable for the first 5 people to run their own event.